We are currently hiring for the following position:
Support Worker – Reiderman Residence
Thursday to Monday – 40 hours a week 4 pm – 12 am
Comprehensive benefits available after 6 months of employment
Support Worker Job Description
- Establish a respectful working relationship with all tenants, contacting and getting to know individuals
- Create a safe, accepting environment that values individuals’ privacy and choices in the areas of personal life, leisure, education and work
- Assist tenants to develop support plans and connect with appropriate supports and community-based resources
- Work with tenants to identify and develop programs and activities that meet their interests and needs
- Follow established practices of harm reduction strategies
- Assist tenants in their units as needed to de-clutter, clean and prepare for pest control
- Identify and assess potential emergency situations and respond appropriately
- Monitor visitor access and activity in common areas
- Participate in staff meetings, training programs and workshops as necessary
- Complete paperwork and documentation including shift reports and incident reports.
During Your Shift
- Check-in for shift with supervisor.
- Sign in on the sign-in sheet and review for new safety items in the safety binder.
- Read shift reports.
- Complete rounds of the building every hour
- Make sure exits are closed, stairwells are clear and alarms are set.
- Check laundry room.
- Look for garbage, graffiti, etc.
- If you find any graffiti during rounds please use the paint in the office to cover it up or report it to a supervisor.
- If you find any garbage during rounds please pick up garbage. Clean around the garbage area and bag excess garbage as needed.
- Walk outside and check perimeter for garbage/needles etc.
- Keep tenant roster available and check-off tenants as seen.
- Tenants need to have wellness checks if not seen for 48 hours (see training binder).
- Sweep/ mop/ clean, common areas and stairwells if dirty.
- Spot clean walls as needed.
- Assist with tenant requests as needed (see training binder).
- Report maintenance or pest control issues on the appropriate forms (see training binder).
- Other duties as required
To apply, please email your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com indicating position name in the subject line.
Application close date: November 15, 2019
Thank you for all applications, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.