We are currently hiring for the following position:
Naomi Place Building and Support Coordinator
Program: Community Builders Team
Location of position: Vancouver, British Columbia
Job status: Full Time subject to operational contract length
Language requirements: English
Start Date: TBA (Feb 28, 2020)
The Naomi Place Support Coordinator oversees the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the assigned Temporary Modular Housing site by performing duties such as ensuring residence maintenance and safety and compliance with CB, COV, VFD standards at 3598 Copley St.
It is the Support Coordinators responsibility to:
- Interview residents, collect information from BCH coordinated access, determine client suitability for the housing program, inform clients of program policies and procedure, and make referrals to other programs as required.
- Supervise staff by performing duties such as assigning work, providing feedback and evaluation, determining training requirements, orienting new staff, and maintaining timekeeping and attendance records when needed.
- Resolve staffing problems, assist HR with training of staff and implementing shift duty assignments.
- Participate in case planning with clients and/or healthcare providers to meet the needs of the client and/or community. Monitor and assist with budgeted expenditures for controllable aspects of building spending.
- Maintain related records and reports. Advocate for clients by problem solving in areas such as financial assistance, accessing community resources, and obtaining volunteer placements.
- Provide crisis intervention in situations such as medical emergencies and client disputes. Ensure the maintenance, cleanliness, and safety or programs and residence. Contact Property Management for maintenance and/or Operations Manager / Executive Director.
- Ensure the residence’s inventory of supplies is maintained by performing duties such as contacting outside suppliers and following up on discrepancies.
- Review and maintain related documentation such as resident progress reports and care plans.
- Act as a liaison with community agencies, promotes and encourages community involvement in the program. Provide direction to clients and/or volunteers and monitors and assists as required.
- Fulfill all functions and responsibilities of Mental Health Workers in their program(s) of supervision as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Delegate SW tasks to other staff and follow up on tasks.
- Make sure safety binder is current with banned lists, staff meeting minutes, etc.
- Communicate well with management on a daily basis.
- Give positive/negative feedback to staff members about SW tasks.
- Read all shift report issues noted by other staff members for your building.
- Be professional at all times.
- Maintaining building occupancy and rent collection is highest priority.
- Liaise with ministry about rents
- Post appropriate notices on tenant doors for nonpayment of rents
- Oversee room turnover and conduct intake of new tenants.
- Sign tenancy agreements for new tenants (Supportive Program Housing Agreement).
2) Building Maintenance
- Be familiar with safety protocols, water shut offs etc.
- Do regular building rounds during each shift.
- Ensure hallways are clear at all times, no health and safety hazards to tenants exist in common areas. Arrange or extra bin pick up or extra cleaning as needed. Request director’s approval in advance.
4) Room Checks
- Conduct monthly room checks (daily/weekly checks are sometimes required)
- Record any fire safety deficiencies, maintenance deficiencies, pest control issues, clutter, health and safety hazards.
- Assist with arranging SW/ home support and housekeeping as needed for cluttered/hoarding rooms.
- Add janitor hours worked to Workwise. Ensure accuracy by cut off date.
- Report biweekly payroll to payroll department. Report any HR performance issues to the director and HR Manager.
6) Database and Reports
- Ensure schedule and tenant roster are always posted. Ensure staff are checking off tenants seen.
- Conduct wellness checks for tenants not seen.
- Tenant files need to be kept in a filing cabinet and updated regularly.
- Use database to record all significant/routine tenant interactions.
- Send daily shift reports.
7) Resident Issues
- Write incident reports for tenant behavioral issues.
- All evictions must be done with approval from director and input from the team.
8) Resident Support – To be completed with SW
- Check in with vulnerable and at-risk tenants, provide peer counselling, support.
- Arrange mental health supports, home support and other services.
- Liaise with service providers.
- Report any serious issues to the team and the director.
- Assist care aid when needed for resident care issues
- Be present during the annual city of Vancouver inspection and fire inspection.
- Ensure the building is up to fire code and COV code.
- Forward any notices of violations to the director.
- Order supplies for breakfast, cleaning, maintenance within the pre-approved budget, and send weekly requests on the appropriate forms by Tuesday at 4pm. Oversee an efficient storage system, keep track of inventory.
- Regularly report on Food Program.
Statement of Qualifications
Education & Experience
B.A. in Behavioral Science or Diploma in Community Social Service – Mental Health specific preferred. 2. Class V Drivers License 3 preferred. Certificates in CPR and First Aid 4. Recent, related experience in a like setting of three years or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work. 1 year of supervisory experience.
Abilities & Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients, staff, management and collateral services providers.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Leadership skills.
- Create Vision and Strategy
- Mobilize People
- Uphold Integrity and Respect
- Collaboration with Partners and Stakeholders
- Achieve Results
To apply, please email your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com indicating position name in the subject line.
Thank you for all applications, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.