We are currently hiring for the following position:
Reiderman Support Worker
Temporary leave coverage 15-90 days
- Have an understanding of Community Builders mandate, goals and mission statement as it pertains to Support Program.
- Act as a liaison for tenants who facilitates community activities for tenants;
- Connecting them to mental health
- Addictions programs
- Community activities
- ID assistance
- Bus passes
- Medical services
- Community resources and food.
- Promote maintenance of tenant’s good personal hygiene, including providing instruction to residents on how to use on-site laundry facilities. (Assist with laundry if needed)
- Provide safe, friendly encouragement to tenants; model communication skills, appropriate boundaries and healthy living choices.
- Encourage and support tenants to live as independently as possible; provide information, emotional, organizational and practical support.
- Assist tenants in completing paperwork as required.
- Accompany tenants to key appointments when time permits.
- Set up and facilitate weekly grocery rides.
- Set up and facilitate new tenant programs. (dinners, movie night etc.)
- Dialogue with Reiderman Coordinators and management to work on complex tenant issues and provide direction and decision making on RR tenant requests and incident reports when needed. (ie. overnight guests and Incident Reports for residents as needed)
- Continue to remain updated on resources and relevant services so that Community Builders Support Workers efforts continue to meet and exceed industry standard for support work with the vulnerable populations we serve.
Priority will be given to resident support experience.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.